Thursday 20 November 2014

Rick Berk - Artists Directory
























To see Rick's work in the New York Blog please click <> HERE <>


About Rick:

I am continually inspired by the world around me- people, places, nature, buildings. I will point my camera at almost anything if I think I can capture it in an interesting way.

I picked up my first camera, a Pentax ME Super, in 1992 for Black and White Photo I, at Kean College in NJ. Once I developed my first roll of film, I was hooked. From there, I began photographing sports and submitting to the local paper. For the next 12 years, I was a sports photographer, quickly progressing from youth sports, to high school and college sports, to the pros. I moved from a weekly newspaper, to shooting for Newsday on Long Island, eventually working as contract photographer for Pacific Trading Cards, where I was named Photographer of the Year in 1999.

Over the years, I expanded my horizons beyond the sidelines, with an interest in capturing nature's beauty. My pursuit of landscape photography still feels as if it is in its infancy, with my travels taking me to Alaska, California, Nova Scotia and more. I'm working my way down my list and will continue to add to it.

More recently, I've begun photographing portraits and model portfolios. Capturing people is probably my biggest challenge as a photographer, as people will tell you when they don't like how they look! I also find it the most rewarding when I do get the perfect photo of someone.

I continue to look for new subjects to photograph, no matter who or what it is. If you're interested in having me photograph someone or something for you, please feel free to email me.







Patchogue, NY - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.