Saturday 9 May 2015

Judy Skaltsounis - Artist Directory













Celebrity Portraits - Judy Skaltsounis


About Judy:

I was born Judy Vileo, February 12, 1967, and ever since I could hold a crayon in my hand, I've been drawing. Talent runs fluent in my large family, so it was very normal for my 5 brothers and sisters to be sitting around the kitchen table drawing or making some kind of crafts. When I was in the 7th grade, our teacher gave us an assignment to make a 'dot' picture. Others were expected to copy simple cartoons from the newspaper, however, my teacher knew I had some talent and challenged me to draw a postcard with a puppy and a kitten on it. I was apprehensive at first, but I welcomed the challenge, and worked very carefully on it. I even suprised myself with how well I did. I studied that postcard and drew it out in pencil first then colored it in with dots made from magic markers. My teacher was floored over, and she presented it to the class as a great achievement. I have been drawing dot pictures ever since then, of course I've dabbled in other mediums, paint, pencil, pastels, but I just couldn't shake my love for the way I could control the details with dots. Some people think this medium may take me a long time to complete any work, but I've been doing this seriously since highschool, and have developed a unique style the people seem to enjoy viewing.

I've been signing my maiden name, 'Vileo' to all my work until recently. I've been through two divorces and I felt uneasy changing my signature to my third husband's last name, that is, until we reached our tenth wedding anniversary. This was a big milestone for both of us since neither of us had made it past ten years of marriage before. So as of June 1st, 2011, my artwork is still just as awesome as it has ever been, only now I sign Judy Skaltsounis.


See Judy's work in the Barack Obama Blog at the link   <> HERE <>








St. Clair Shores, MI - United States




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.