Monday 20 October 2014

Joan Carroll - Artist Directory Info




Please Click On The Picture Links Above


About Joan

My twin loves of photography and travel emerged early in life. I remember being enchanted by rare trips to an airport to meet an arriving flight, and equally enchanted by a train trip on the California Zephyr from Denver to Salt Lake City. Clearly, I wanted to go places! On these trips I had my trusty Kodak Instamatic camera, with those funky flash cubes! But almost as soon as I could, I was out traveling on my own! Luckily this coincided with an interest in 35 mm photography which I learned on my own and from friends. I can remember taking dozens of rolls of film on every trip...black and white and color in every ISO I thought I'd need!

Fast forward to 2008 after multiple academic degrees and a couple of careers...I found myself at the Beijing Summer Olympics. Two very memorable things occurred on that trip. The first was that a random picture taken of me showed a woman who was bursting with happiness. I was actually shocked when I first saw the picture for I had never seen myself look so happy....and I had just been laid off from my job! That had to mean something. The second was the amazingly inspirational nature of some of the sights that I encountered along the way in Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai (China) and Lhasa (Tibet). My love of photography roared back and I decided to devote my time and energy to it. While I was first introduced to photography through landscapes, I began to find my niche in architectural photography, finding inspiration in urban scenes and urban architecture. In my hometown of Fort Worth TX, I have explored our historical, endangered, and modern architecture. Farther afield, I have come to love the amazing historical county courthouses of Texas as well as other iconic Texas landmarks. From across the US, you will discover my love of lighthouses! And around the world you will see some of the wonders, large and small, from places such as Alaska, Colorado, California, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Washington DC, Florida, the Canadian Arctic, Fort Worth, China, Tibet, Australia, New Zealand, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brussels, Berlin, Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent, Istanbul, London, Prague, Rome, Vienna, and Spain. I focus on drawing out the details of a scene from light and shadow by merging multiple exposures. The images range from naturalistic to stylistic, depending on the mood that the scene evoked for me.

I hope you will consider one of these photos as an art work for your personal enjoyment! Thank you!

**Subscribe to my email list and get special discounts!**

WATERMARKS WILL NOT APPEAR ON PRINTS.

Copyright Notice: All images on this web site are protected by the U.S. and international copyright laws, all rights reserved. The images may not be copied, reproduced, manipulated or used in any way, without written permission of © Joan Carroll, Artist. Any unauthorized usage will be prosecuted to the full extent of U.S. Copyright Law.


Fort Worth, TX - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.